Chief Financial Officer wanted in Manhattan, NY for an internationally growing restaurant group.
Reason Position Open: Newly created role for a growing restaurant group
The ideal candidate will be responsible for financial strategy, financial planning and analysis, financial reports, company audits, compliance, and bank relationships. They will collaborate with ownership and the executive corporate team to make decisions regarding the company’s financial strategy and operations. The candidate will possess a strong background in finance and management, and experience setting up systems and financial operations processes is a must.
The Chief Financial Officer is a member of the Executive Leadership Team and manages all financial functions including accounting, billing, reconciling, budget development and tracking, financial operations, finance personnel management, insurance coverage, management of legal requirements, and developing projections on individual project budgets, grant budgets, and capital improvement budget.
• 7-10 years of finance experience
• Finance experience with multiple restaurant properties across multiple states
• Strong finance-based analytical skills
• Knowledge & experience in setting up Food Service/Hospitality Systems & Accounts
• CPA or MBA preferred but not required
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, financial software, and reporting systems ensuring policies and procedures are in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
• Create and present financial reports, systems, and operational strategy recommendations to Ownership & Executive Team
• Organize weekly leadership meetings to discuss the direction of the Organization and present financial data
• Support the financial planning and analysis efforts
• Oversee cash flow, cash management, working capital, reconciliations, labor expense, cost of goods, and company audits
• Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with department and subsidiary leaders; collaborate to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
• Ensure the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems, including grant/fund accounting, business formation & entity documents, trademark data, to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices, and contractual requirements
• Ensure legal compliance on all financial functions
• Manage relationships with banks, external accountants, legal partners, tax professionals, and technology partners.
• Advanced knowledge and utilization of Excel
• Strong computer literacy to include use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and more
• Ability to interact professionally with staff, Board members, volunteers, and other related agencies
Please respond to job posting with your resume. If you meet the qualifications of this position, and/or any other positions we may have that fit your experience, we will contact you upon receipt of your resume to discuss the opportunity in greater detail.
In addition to considering you for this particular CFO job posting, your resume and qualifications will be considered as new opportunities develop that fit your background and experience.